- PowerPC support has been discontinued. If you're using a PowerPC Mac, updating will cause sadness.
- VoiceOver support fixed for Mountain Lion
- All SXM channels (incl. MLB) now available; also fixed for Canadian subscribers.
- Retina graphics
- Fixes and performance improvements
- The Future
- This is the final maintenance release in the Radium 2.x series.
- If you originally bought Radium on the Mac App Store and are using a beta version, please erase this version and download the update from the MAS; you will not be charged again.
- Fixed issue where some streams would periodically disconnect/reconnect
- Minor bugfixes and performance improvements
- Improved station search results
- Song information now available for 1000+ existing stations
- Calm Radio Premium support
- Polish, Turkish translations
- Fixed Last.fm scrobbling for proxy/firewall users
- Fixed rare crash on song change for proxy/firewall users
- Fixed disconnections for some users with certain streams
- Fixed CS_INVALID Console messages
- Speakers/Headphones changes when audio jack (un)plugged
- Equalizer responds to changes instantly
- Minor user interface bug fixes
- Stability and performance improvements
- Full support for Universal Access (VoiceOver, etc.)
- Fixes for upcoming Lion release
- Station search speedups
- Fixed computer sleep issue
- Minor UI tweaks
- AirPlay playback now synchronized among remote/local speakers
- Fixed rare audio clipping/stuttering/connectivity issues
- Fixed rare popping sound when tuning in to some stations
- No more launch delays; Radium launches immediately
- Album art in Growl notifications
- iTunes automatically paused when playing a station
- Computer doesn't sleep while Radium is playing
- Global keyboard shortcuts for volume control
- Track change notification in large bezel when Apple IR Remote used
- Can now automatically update chat/song status of iChat, Adium, and Skype
- Heart-ing a song in Radium also hearts it in Last.fm
- Take Five integration
- AppleScript support for Play/Stop, playback status
- Dragging/dropping a station outside Radium pastes its tune-in link
- Swedish, Polish translations
- SiriusXM Fixed
- Thank you for all the angry emails =)
- French translation added
- Translation fixes
- Drastically faster search + more relevant search results
- Radium now accessible from the Dock
- Keyboard shortcut for like/un-like current song
- Smoother playback
- Improved support for proxy users
- Tons of little bugfixes and performance improvements
- Radium + Mac App Store for $9.99!
- Radium is now available on the Mac App Store for $9.99! If you haven't bought it yet, now's the time!
- Russian Translation
- With a few errors, but will be corrected over time.
- Various performance and stability improvements.
- SiriusXM Fixed
- You should now be able to use your SiriusXM account with Radium again.
- Radium can now speak Danish, Dutch, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish. Woohoo!
- Apple Remote Support
- You can now control playback, volume, and channel surfing using an Apple Remote. (See Preferences > Controls.)
- Fixed rare crash (due to OS bug...) that impacted some users
- Fixed Keychain-related freezing issue
- Happy New Year!
- Our very best wishes to you and those you care about =)
- Added support for password-protected devices
- Better song scrobbling, should ignore most commercials/etc.
- History "Clear" button can be used to clear (non-)liked songs only
- Fixed occasional problem where stream info would look garbled
- Fixed connectivity issues for some proxy users
- Stability and performance improvements
- Fixed connectivity issue for latest firmware update.
- Better connection failure handling.
- BBC Radio 3 HD
- For UK listeners, Radium now offers the new BBC Radio 3 in 320kbps.
- Fixed rare PowerPC crash.
- Stability and performance improvements.
- Other minor fixes for stuff you hopefully never noticed.
- Fixed rare AirTunes/AirPlay connection/stuttering issue
- Fixed code-signing problem for Mac OS X Firewall users
- Fixed minor UI and other glitches.
- Fixed rare crash that was happening to some users while searching
- Fixed issue where custom-added stations would not show for some users
- Fixed connection problems for some XM proxy users
- Fixed issue where some high quality streams would play in low quality
- Fixed rare problem where some subprocesses would continue to run after Radium was stopped/quit
- More robust handling of AirPlay device disconnection
- New Stuff!
- AirTunes streaming to Apple TV and AirPort Express
- Song listening history with integrated iTunes Store Preview+Buy
- Equalizer with tons of presets, remembers settings per station
- Twitter, Facebook, Google Buzz, iChat sharing of currently-playing song/station
- New icons and art across the board
- Import stations from iTunes by dragging them directly to Radium
- Favourite stations shown by default; search shows results from favourites first, followed by non-favourite results
- Favourite stations can be reordered using drag+drop
- Station search produces better, more relevant results
- Subscriptions can be edited right from the station list
- Now-Playing info right in the menu bar (see Preferences)
- Automatically hiding stations not available in your area (see Preferences to override)
- Internet connection losses are detected, app responds accordingly
- Broken stations automatically reported to CatPig (at your option)
- Drastically simplified Preferences
- Radium can now tune in to your last-played station regardless of whether it was playing during last quit (see Preferences)
- Fixes & Performance
- New license files are computer-independent (see Cog > Registration)
- Radium loads much, much faster
- 40% less CPU time consumed when playing
- Fixes for various playback glitches
- Tons of little bug fixes and performance improvements
- Leopard (10.5) Users Only
- Fixed rare crash when entering invalid media URLs for new channels.
- Still Using the Trial Version?
- Starting June 23rd (EST), Radium will be featured on MUPromo, where you can get a discount! See http://www.mupromo.com/ for details.
- Improved support for transparent proxy users
- Improved support for even more media URL types
- Fixed a rare Keychain issue
- Added support for Apple Media Keys. (Works in full-screen, too!)
- Expanded Radium Help; relevant pages in Help are now easily accessible via buttons in various parts of the UI
- Improved support for various media URLs and playlists
- The Radium menu bar icon plays a cute animation while connecting
- Automatic reconnection (finitely many times) on connection failure
- Full support for all Mac OS X-supported proxy types. (No SOCKS yet, though.)
- Incoming song information is automatically cleaned up, when possible
- Fixed rare password storage-related issue
- Next/Prev channel surfing behaviour now more intuitive
- Stuttering audio is now detected and compensated for, when possible
- More responsive UI
- Tiny Fixes
- Fixed a bug that prevented existing networks from being updated.
- Made Sirius more proxy/firewall friendly.
- Fixed 1.FM connection issues.
- Better proxy support (though no PAC support yet).
- Fixed user-added channels sometimes not appearing in the list.
- Fixed minor UI update glitch in the Radio Networks list.
- Fixed song information for low quality DI.fm streams.
- Network name/description is now validated properly when adding custom networks.
- XM/Sirius username/password verification is now more robust.
- Added "Mostly Music" and "News, Sports and Talk" account types to XM USA.
- Last.fm Audioscrobbler support
- High quality feeds for BBC Radio, including Live Sports
- 101.ru is back
- New global shortcut to copy the now-playing song info to the clipboard
- German translation of Radium Help. (Rest of the app coming soon!)
- More types of playlists/media URLs now accepted (including rtmp:// streams)
- Radium now uses 0% CPU (on average) when it's idle. (Thanks to Juan F. for pointing this out!)
- Improved connectivity for proxy users
- Fixed a rare issue that would cause Radium to leak memory on some Leopard Macs
- Fixed an AppleScript issue that popped up in the previous release
- Fixed connection issues for GlimmerBlocker users
- Improved compatibility with certain playlists
- You can now add your own radio networks using stream/playlist URL. (See Radium Help for more info)
- Radium now lets you buy the currently-playing song on iTunes. Click the shopping cart icon next to the currently-playing song
- Favorite channels grouped by radio network
- HTTP Proxy (see System Preferences) automatically used for connections (when specified)
- Improved tune-in speed
- General performance and stability improvements
- Fixed proxy-related crash and some UI glitches on Leopard
- Cleaned up channels list; no more superfluous numbers
- Radium is now vertically-resizable; hover your mouse under the channel list
- Now-playing station description is now a hyperlink that
takes you to the station's web site
- CatPig's recommended keyboard shortcuts are now filled in
(but not enabled) by default in Preferences > General
- Keyboard navigation in channels list wraps around, including "Play Next" and "Play Previous"
- Fixed DI.FM+Sky.FM and other networks
- Fixed an issue where Radium wouldn't connect to any station
in rare cases
- Various small bugfixes for stuff you hopefully never noticed =)
- Fixed some more streaming problems that were happening
with some Norwegian and Swedish networks
- Currently-playing info can now be copied to the clipboard
- Improved search in the Radio Networks screen
- Fixed a crash that would occur on Leopard 10.5.8 Intel Macs
- Fixed some UI-related glitches that slipped through the cracks
in the last release